Wednesday, October 1

What was that noise????

It came from deep below, a large bellowing sound in the middle of the night. What could it be? Was it a ghost, a wolf, a monster? That’s when we discovered. . .it was my stomach! Ha! It was hungry, but I wasn’t! I have never had that happen. In fact, my husband asked me, “What was that noise?” “Ummm, just my tummy! Sorry, honeyJ” You should have seen the look he gave me.

That’s just one of the little changes I’ve noticed since my surgery on September 3rd. But it’s the little things I seem to notice the most. The bras and shirts that now fit that I haven’t worn in years, that may actually be a little loose. The jeans that are loose and the small of my back that my hubby says I now have. (He claims I’ve lost weight in my mid back down to the small in my back, which shows that I actually have one now!) Why didn’t I do this sooner? I should have done this a few years ago and I could have been chasing my kids around sooner.
And cravings! Let’s talk about that for a minute. I’m still not having any cravings. That just baffles me. I just can’t get use to that. No cravings for pop, chocolate or anything. Sometimes I get a “boring” taste in my mouth, but that’s quickly fixed with some juice or a mint.
If you are reading this and seriously considering weight loss surgery (WLS), I highly recommend it! I'm seeing now how much time I've lost even knowing I could never do it on my own!

No comments: