Tuesday, September 16

2 weeks post op

Ok, as of last Tuesday, I was down 9 lbs. since surgery, 12 total since I started my program. Woohoo!! My scale must be broken at home because it keeps telling me I still weigh 250 lbs. (I was 244 at my last visit). But I sure can tell by my clothing. My boobs have deflated and I'm actually wearing bras I haven't worn in a couple of years. All of my pants are loose in the legs and yesterday when I was picking up dirty clothes in the kids' rooms, my ring fell off my finger!! I've N-E-V-E-R had that happen. Oh, and did I tell you, I have knees?:) I could actually feel the top of my knee where my thigh comes down to it. The week before, I found out I had ankles too - very cute ones I might add. . .
It's really kinda weird to me. I'm not even hungry any more. I have to keep up with my liquids and my schedule they put me on, but it's more like an "oh, I'm getting tired, I better eat" kinda thing, not a hunger thing. I'm not having cravings like I was. If you know me, I had Mt. Dew running through my veins. I haven't had one craving for that or any pop.
What was really weird to my hubby last night was the fact that we had left overs! I put a roast w/potatoes and carrots on and made noodles. When they got done eating, they had a ton left. So just imagine what $$$$ we're going to save by (1) eating less and (2) time and energy spent cooking. I figure I save at least $20 a week by not visiting McDonald's for breakfast, plus when I'd eat lunch with the girls.
So with that, I challenge you. I know we're all trying to lose weight, but what about gaining weight in your pocket book? Where can you save money and calories at? Is it that iced coffee or that breakfast burrito? Can you pledge for a week or two to give it up and see your savings? You can do it! Let me know what your pledge is and keep us updated. Together we can do this!

No comments: