Tuesday, September 9

Recovery

Ok, so I'm about a week post-op. If my scales are right, I'm about 12 lbs. down -- woohoo!!! So far the liquid diet was the worst part. Unfortunately it took it's toll on me (emotionally) the 3rd day in, but thanks to my loving husband and kids, I (and them) survived it. Right now I'm surviving on liquids, instant breakfast, broths, cream soups, protidiet drinks and applesauce. The cottage cheese with milk and fruit blended up was not as appealing to the taste buds as I thought it would be. It's really hard to get everything in that they want you to consume/drink. I'm just not hungry. Yes, you heard me right - NOT HUNGRY!!
But tell me this, why is it when you're in the hospital or at home sick and you really can't eat, that the only thing on TV is cooking shows??? I just don't understand that one:)
I have a follow-up with my surgeon this afternoon, so I'll keep you updated on what he says. Hope all is well your way!

No comments: