Tuesday, January 8

Accountability Area: Weight Loss & Energy

Here is my accountability areas: weight loss and energy level.

I'm looking to decrease my weight and increase my energy level. I need to keep up with my twin boys a lot better as they are getting older and more active in sports, school, LIFE.

Now for the hard part. The weight...

Height: 5' 7"
Current Weight: $%^
Goal Weight: 140
Goal Pant Size: 6
Goal Date: June 6, 2008 (150 days from today)

OK. There you go. Oh....that's not fair is it. Guess if I'm really going to be held accountable, i have to give ALL the information. Awwww-riiiiiiiiiight....

Current Weight: 171

Happy now? Good. So, that's about 30 lbs in 150 days. Attainable? Too much too fast? It's about 1-2 lbs per week, right? I think that's possible. We'll see.

Now the accountability part..

I started the end of last year with my own "diet" plan. It seems to be working (so far). There's nothing concrete about it yet, just better food, less sweets, smaller portions, and more water. I'm a huge soda fan and if I'm not drinking soda it's coffee with LOTS of cream and sugar. So far, I'm down to just one cup of coffee with half my usual amount of sugar and only one soda per day. I'm working on filling the rest of my day with water, but I just don't LIKE water!

Also, I'm getting back on the treadmill (once it comes back in the house - it does a timeshare with the Christmas tree which JUST went back to the garage). Also, I'm getting back in the swing with my Hip Hop workouts no matter how much my kids and husband laugh at me. I have fun doing it and I can definitely feel it when I do it! yoga might make a comeback as well, for flexibility, but not yet.

That's it for now. Can't wait to see what others are going to post about!

4 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

Weight...wow I think that might be the goal of like most of America. I know it's been on my plate for eons. This year I'm focusing on making better food choices for all kinds of reasons...i.e. sugar crashes...better running...feeling better. etc.

So while I am not a new year's resolution kind of person, I am a make a goal kind of gal and this works for me. My goal is to cut drastically back on processed sugars and such. I could stand to have some accountablity for that!

TnT Momma said...

wow - even my horoscope says this accountability thing is a great idea:

"You need to look to coworkers or fellow students for assistance, even if you usually go it alone. Someone can get you exactly what you need, so it's vital that you swallow your pride and ask."

Whoo hoo!

Be sure to email me with your blogger address if you want to be an accountability author!

Unknown said...

I can't believe it, we really are two pieces of the same person. I was JUST talking to my mom about some similar goals and how I do well and stay consistent when I have... ACCOUNTABILITY!!!
I can do this with you!

My methods have been similar, taking lunch into work instead of fast food, forcing in exercise after work (we've had a warm snap so I've walked/jogged almost 3 miles around our housing development for the last two nights).

I am totally with you on this, we can help to spur each other on.

i am Susan said...

Good luck with your goals. I think it is attainable although I know I've been trying to lose 10 lbs for awhile and although I've got pretty darn close something seems to always come up...a birthday, holidays, a craving. Hopefully your willpower is better than mine : )