Thursday, January 10

There's no place like home...

...to screw up your diet! So - I was feeling really good this morning - 4 lbs down, lots of hydrating goodness going on, a meeting got cancelled that I didn't really think needed to happen - it was looking to be a good day. Around lunchtime - BEFORE i ate my lunch! - I got a call that one of my boys had gotten sick and he needed to go home. Get said kid and brother, they are FINE. Bouncing off the freaking WALLS fine. Which drives me to distraction while I TRY to keep working. Can't.Work.With.All.The.NOISE.

So - to bribe my little ones and to get 5 minutes of quiet, I open my FAVORITE cookies that I got at Christmas and was saving. BIG MISTAKE. Notice I said I hadn't eaten my lunch yet? It was a nice grilled chicken salad - lots of lettuce and relatively little else. It's sitting in the fridge at work still...

The boys each got three of these delicious cookies. Holiday Nutty Nougats from archway. I LOVE these darn things. There are 27ish in the box. There are now two left....

Now - do the math with me - 27 cookies minus 6 for the boys then minus 2 left = 19. Yes, 19 for mom. That's just over SIX servings of the darn things! At 12g fat and 120 calories per serving. Lord have mercy on my hips!

So - why am I telling you this? Accountability. This is what it's all about people. Not just getting the kudos and support when you're doing good, but the "what were you thinking" and "try again tomorrow" thoughts. Oh, and the "you need healthier snacks at home" thought wouldn't hurt either.

I KNEW I should have brought the salad home with me and saved the cookies to take to a party or bring out during the Super Bowl or something. But, dealing with 2 almost six-year-olds who should be at school running around with their friends who won't listen to a word I say when I had a good day going was just a downer for me. When I'm down I EAT.

*sigh*

Thanks for the help and support. I'll do better tomorrow, I swear. =)

No comments: